Velloreans, Zomato Vellore is here ! Zomato which began as an online restaurant search and review platform grow over years into a huge platform as it stepped into food delivery segment. The company is a unicorn startup which operates in 24 countries. After the successful launch of Swiggy, Zomato has followed its path to the Fort City.
NOTE: MEAT DELIVERY IS AVAILABLE VIA ZOMATO CURRENTLY AT VELLORE DURING LOCKDOWN.
Zomato has already kickstarted its trial-run services at Vellore for over a week. With Zomato, you can order food from your favourite restaurants and get it delivered to your doorstep.
How to download Zomato:
- On your Android mobile, go to Playstore and search for ‘Zomato’ and download the app. Incase if you are iOS user, go to your App Store and download Zomato app.
- Open the app and signup with any of the social login like Facebook, Gmail or any other email.
- On choosing your email address, your profile will be created and will be asked to Switch on the Location settings to detect your current address.
- Based on your current address, restaurants in and around your area will be shown and you can choose the restaurant of your preference.
- You can choose the food products and add the quantity and check out. At the checkout, you need to add your address and payment information. After placing the order successfully, you can track your order along with Estimated time of arrival.
Zomato Vellore – Partner Restaurants:
After making its way to Vellore, Zomato has partnered with few Vellore restaurants. Zomato is more focusing on partnering with restaurant which aren’t available with Swiggy and create its niche market.
Some of the currently available restaurants in Zomato Vellore are:
- The Vellore Kitchen
- Hotel Surabi
- Baby Restaurant
- Aahar Punjabi Dhaba
- Zeenath Restaurant
- RK Tandoori
- Auro Cafe
Currently around 30 restaurants have been partnered with Zomato and they are further looking to partner with more restaurants. These restaurants are available across various cuisines like South Indian, North Indian, Chinese and so on.
At one end, a medical and heritage tourism city like Vellore needs more of these services for the travellers to get food from their own convenience. At the other end, it creates local job opportunities for men at Vellore.
Following the entry of Swiggy and Zomato, now the eyes are on Uber Eats and Food Panda !