Vellore – Corona Preventive Measures
Vellore – Corona Preventive Measures. Corona Virus (COVID-19) is widespread in Tamil Nadu compared to other places, preventive measures are being taken.
Notably, Vellore is one of the top cities with high floating population next to Chennai for having shared border with two neighbouring states. So the following measures have been taken to combat the widespread of the virus.
NOTE: 1 CORONA POSITIVE PATIENT WHO UNDERWENT TREATMENT AT CMC IS REPORTED TO BE DEATH IN VELLORE ON APRIL 7.
4 MORE ACTIVE CASES UNDERGOING TREATMENT AT CMC and ADUKAMAPARAI GOVT HOSPITAL.
(TOTAL CASES – 5, ACTIVE CASES – 4, DEATH – 1 )
NOTE: CMC VELLORE IS ONE OF THE FEW PRIVATE HOSPITALS APPROVED BY TN GOVT TO OPERATE AS CORONA TEST CENTRE. PRICE FOR THE TEST IS CAPPED AT Rs.4500. CMC HAS ALSO ANNOUNCED FREE CORONA TESTS FOR POOR PEOPLE.
Vellore – Corona Preventive Measures
VELLORE CORONA UPDATE:
LATEST UPDATE AS OF 07.04.2020
1 Patient who underwent treatment at CMCH Vellore had died. Sources say that he never had any travel history and might have had contact with someone who had Corona positive.
LATEST UPDATE AS OF 05.04.2020
A Total of 5 numbers were active cases in Vellore were 2 of them were identified now and are undergoing treatment in Adukamparai Govt Hospital, Vellore
Latest update as of 28.03.2020
- 1 Corona Positive Case reported in Vellore. A UK return man of age 50+ has been admitted at CMC Hospital for Treatment. He is reported to be from Vellore Katpadi area.
- VIT has donated a sum of Rs.1.25 crores towards CM Relief fund to combat Corona. The cheque has been handed over to the District Collector.
Latest update as of 27.03.2020
- All Petrol bunks, groceries, vegetable shops to be opened only from 6am to 1:30 pm.
- Vellore Collector has warned that License will be cancelled for those who roam out unnecessarily.
- Medicine shops, Hotels (parcels only) can be opened throughout the day.
Latest update as of 24.03.2020:
- Nationwide curfew to be observed from 25.03.2020 to 14.04.2020 for 21 days.
- Rest of the below points that were stated in TN CM’s GO was proposed in this too by PM.
Latest update as of 23.03.2020:
- Following the G.O of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister, partial state shut down will be observed.
- Section 144 will be observed all over the state from 24.03.2020 6pm until April 1.
- Basic essentials such as Grocery Stores, Milk stores, Petrol bunks, Vegetable stores can function during this period.
- Medicine shops will operate round the clock as usual for emergencies.
- Also very essential Govt Offices will function with very minimum staffs.
- Remaining Govt Staffs can work from home if their work can be done from home.
- Banks will be operating for a half day from 10am to 1pm with minimum staffs.
- Hotels will remain open but people won’t be allowed to eat at the hotels.
- Only Parcel section of the hotel will remain open to benefit people staying in PGs and other cities.
- Food Delivery Apps are asked to HAULT their services during the same period.
- All Private companies, contractors, daily wage workers need to be paid the full salary during this Curfew period.
- People with White Ration card will get 12kg Rice per person and Rs.1500 subsidy during this relief period.
- Tea shops are allowed to be opened but not allowed to gather more men before the shop.
- Vellore will close its border with the neighbouring state (A.P) as well as with the neighbouring districts in the respective tolls during this period.
- Marriage planned before March 15 can happen during this period with a maximum of 30 attendees.
Latest update as of 22.03.2020:
Curfew has been observed all over the Vellore owing to the national wide curfew that was imposed from 7am to 5pm, followed by the curfew imposed by the state until next morning 5am.
Latest update as of 19.03.2020:
- Large Jewellery Shops, Ready made shops, Weekly markets are advised to be closed effective from March 20 to March 31.
- Large Temples such as Vellore Fort Temple and other temples are closed to avoid mass public gathering
- Tamil Nadu Education Board has decided to cancel the annual exams and announce ‘all pass’ from Class 1 to 9.
As per the CM Press Release on 15.03.2020 with Press Release Number 213, the following info is shared to combat the wide spread of the virus:
- Corona Virus has been declared as Pandemic by World Health Organisation.
- In a combat to prevent the disease from being spread, as per CM’s circular theatres and malls all over TN will remain shut till the end of this month.
- As per the above circular, Vellore has been specifically mentioned in the list for sharing the border with two neighbouring states. So all Theatres and Malls in Unified Vellore (Vellore, Ranipet & Thirupathur districts) will remain shut from tomorrow March 16th to March 31st to combat the wide spread of the virus.
- Children who study L.KG to Class Five will have holidays till March 31st of this month. This will be applicable to children in Unified Vellore districts as well.
- The press release also requests the citizens to avoid public gathering, social meetings and other meetings for next couple of weeks in an effort to combat the widespread of virus.
- As per the local sources, VIT university has declared Holiday from March 16th until May 31, in an effort to combat the widespread of the virus bearing in mind that the college homes for students all over the world. They have postponed all the semester and arrear examinations to June month. The organisation has taken this move to ensure the safety precautions of the students and other working staffs. Hostel students were asked to leave the campus as early as they can after obtaining the necessary permissions. NRI students who wants to stay within the campus will be allowed to stay inside the campus. They will be subjected to weekly medical checkups and wont be permitted outside the campus during this period.As per the G.O issued on March 16, 2020
- Schools all over Tamil Nadu to remain shut until March 31, 2020. Public exam facing 10th and 12th grade students will have their exams as per the schedule which remains unchanged. Rest of the school students will have holidays.
- Summer coaching classes or any special classes for students to be cancelled from March 17 until March 31.
- All Colleges to remain shut from March 17 until March 31.
- Function halls are asked to be closed until March 31. If the event has already been planned and scheduled earlier, the event (Marriage or any other event) can take place. No new events are allowed to be scheduled during this period to combat the wide spread of the virus.
- Swimming pools to be shut down from March 17 until March 31.
- Gyms are asked to shut down from March 17 until March 31.
- Tourist accommodations spots to be shut down from March 17 until March 31.
- VELLORE FORT has been closed from March 17 until March 31 to avoid mass public gatherings to combat the widespread of the virus.
- Wear mask while going out to public places irrespective of whether others wear or not.
- Use tissues and handkerchiefs for sneezing and for personal hygiene.
- Use Sanitiser to wash your hands to maintain your personal hygiene.
- If you’re feeling sick, please consult the doctor immediately.
- Stay home for a couple of weeks and avoid travelling unless its very emergency.
- Maintain Social Distancing with 1 metre distance between each other.
- Greet with Vanakkam instead of handshakes.
This thread will be updated based on any further news and announcements.
Last updated on March 28, 2020, Time – 10:00PM.